Thursday, February 3, 2011

Is Art Worth It?

I often find myself questioning what my choices are for my future. I know my parents think I should become an art teacher and all but what are the other choices for the "good paying" jobs? I could be an interior designer, a tattoo artist, a communications designer... Then there are jobs, such as painting, photography, and such that require a lot of time and so little money that in order to make it a "good paying" job worth while to keep, odds are, you'd have to be dead. At least that how I think of it. After all, that's what happened to Vincent van Gogh and Leo Da Vinci. These two people spent a life time trying to get their art work noticed. But then again I could be just looking at it negatively. There are artist out there in the city making millions, but the question is, did they just have the right connections for them to be rich and famous for their art work or is it the time they put into their work?

No comments:

Post a Comment