Monday, May 9, 2011

Response to Kim Pincus' blog:

How do you feel about art as a form of competition?

Art can be taken as both competitive and not competitive. Depending on your personality and how you take things as, that is what art is to you. Throughout my life, I liked to create art out of fun and talent. I drew whenever I wanted and whatever I wanted. That continued up until high school where I found out that what I wanted to do in the future is make art. I wanted to go to an art college and become a well known artist or have a job that I will enjoy, having to do with my interests. But to do that, I had compete with other students. I had to set up a portfolio of the best pieces of art I have created, present them to the college admissions and have them compare my art to other peoples' art to see how serious I am and decide whether or not I am accepted to this private college or not. I actually did well and was accepted right on the spot. Only issue was that this college was very expensive and was very serious and competitive with their art. Personally, I'm not a competitive person at all. So what I think art should be is just creativity you can create freely and out of lesiure.
In today's society, art has become extremely competitive because of the scarceness of job opportunities and the fact that we are competing with other people who want the same thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment